CBD’s benefits aren’t limited to humans and manufacturers have begun developing tasty treats that your dog can not only salivate over, but that infuse him with tons of health benefits. This is especially true if they need anxiety relief, inflammation relief, seizure relief, and even pain relief when coping after surgery or with a chronic issue. CBD for dogs has plenty of advantages that assist your canine companion’s overall health and there is growing proof that CBD works for dogs, so it’s no surprise that there has been a huge increase in the development of CBD dog treats for pet health on the market – and treats are the most fun and effective way to get your dog to take natural medicine for his health.
While CBD isn’t a cure-all, it has been demonstrated to improve pet quality of life dramatically. CBD dog treats, like other pet items, are specially formulated for your dog’s size and weight. If you have a smaller dog, such as a Pug or French Bulldog, you’ll need a lower strength of CBD than if you have a larger dog, like a Great Dane or an English Mastiff. Plus, dog treats are formulated with other natural, supportive ingredients in special blends to tackle specific issues your dog may be dealing with.
Below, we list the top 10 brands offering yummy CBD dog treats – we give you the information you need and let you know what our favorite parts of each product are. This way, you can choose the best dog treats for your little (or big) four-legged bundle of joy.
- Penelope’s Bloom – Editor’s Choice
- CBDfx – For a Natural, Simple Ingredient List
- HolistaPet – Great Selection of Unique, Superfood-Infused Flavors
- Anxious Pet – Inspired by an Anxious Pet and Developed for Nervous Pets
- Petly CBD – For an Easy-to-Use CBD Dog Food Topper
- CBDistillery – Best for Dogs that Prefer Soft Chews
- CBD American Shaman – Doggy Nugs Made with Real Chicken
- Charlotte’s Web – Great Variety, Including for Senior Dogs
- Extract Labs – A Brand That Gives Back
- Just CBD – Simple Ingredients with Real Chicken and Beef
It’s difficult to sift among the numerous CBD dog treats and products accessible on the internet. But don’t worry, we’ve taken care of it. We selected the best dog treats available for your pup based on the parameters listed below. The products we found jumped out at us and kept our attention because of their proven results and high-quality components. When we put the list together, these are the top factors we kept in mind:
- Quality of ingredients, meaning no unnecessary fillers. Only high-quality, natural ingredients for the health of your pup.
- CBD concentration, especially when different potencies are made available for different sized dogs.
- Flavor variety, so your dogs can enjoy the tastiest treats that double as medicinal support.
- Customer experience, so we know just how pet parents, like you, feel after they’ve made a purchase and interacted with the brands. We chose brands that are well-regarded by their customer base.
Although CBD can be an excellent supplement to your pet’s overall health plan, not all CBD dog treats are manufactured with the same level of care and attention. Some manufacturers employ inferior ingredients, poor CBD concentrations, and develop flavors that dogs don’t enjoy. And what’s the point of a CBD treat if your pup isn’t salivating at the thought of getting his daily dose in?
- Full spectrum CBD
- Third-party lab tested
- Fast acting
- Free shipping
- Due to popularity, some blends may sell out quickly
Penelope’s Bloom has a treat collection of three different blends, each specially formulated to treat a specific set of ailments. They each have a 300 milligram CBD concentration, which lets you decide how many treats per day you’d like to provide your pup with. Choose your preferred variety from the three blends they have available:
- Anxiety + Stress – to provide your pet with peace of mind during stressful moments, including storms and vet visits.
- Heart + Immunity – to support heart and immune system support and includes additional ingredients like amino acids, antioxidants, omega-3, L-carnitine, and green tea extract.
- Joint Pain + Mobility – to support joint health and encourage mobility. Includes additional ingredients to reduce pain and inflammation, like turmeric root and Boswellia.
Each specialized blend is formulated with full spectrum CBD oil and is tested by a third-party lab to confirm safety, potency, and effectiveness. These treats can be given to your pup daily to provide holistic support that inspires wellness and an overall sense of relaxation.
Click here to visit Penelopesbloom.com
2. CBDfx – For a Natural, Simple Ingredient List
- Cruelty free
- Solvent free
- Verified potency
- Made in the USA
- 60-day guarantee
- Customers noted the treats are difficult to break in half
CBDfx makes products that your pet enjoys and that contain clean, simple ingredients. They’ve created CBD pet treats to deliver wellness benefits in a fun package for your pup, whether he’s big or small. In addition, several magazines have voted CBDfx among the top CBD brands, such as Observer, LasVegasSun and LAMag.
They have two pet treat formulations to choose from, depending on what your pup needs the most.
- CBD Treats for Stress & Anxiety (450 milligrams)
These treats deliver the calm and relaxation your pet needs when he’s feeling anxious. They contain broad spectrum CBD, which is artfully blended with botanical extracts, mood-boosting ingredients, and a little bit of natural sweet potato flavor that your furry friend is sure to love.
- CBD Pet Treats for Joint & Mobility (450 milligrams)
These tasty, healthful, and calming treats are formulated to bring your pet the relief he needs, reducing inflammation and encouraging better mobility. Each treat is packed with intentional ingredients to boost joint health, including broad spectrum CBD, antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and of course, the yummy flavor of sweet potatoes.
Each bag contains 30 treats, and they are each soy-free, human-grade, and vegan. Your dog will love the crunchy treat and he won’t even know he’s getting all the powerful benefits included in each formula. If you’re dealing with a stressed-out dog, the stress and anxiety treats will improve his mental wellbeing while supporting his physical health. If your dog is dealing with joint and mobility issues, the powerful combination in the latter blend works to immediately ease pain and support damaged cartilage.
Click here to visit CBDfx.com
3. HolistaPet – Great Selection of Unique, Superfood Infused Flavors
- 15% off first purchase
- Multiple concentrations available
- Crunchy and soft chew options
- Free shipping on all orders
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Currently, shipping is limited to US residents
HolistaPet offers a selection of natural CBD treats for dogs that are crafted with premium Colorado hemp and infused with CBD plus superfoods for added benefits. And if your pup prefers a softer, chewy treat as opposed to a crunchy treat, you’re in luck because HolistaPet created two soft chew varieties for your choosing. Select from several different products, including:
- Heart + Immune Care – to strengthen your dog’s heart and immune system. Made with all-natural ingredients, these crunchy treats also contain yummy blueberry and sweet potato flavor along with hemp seed powder and full spectrum CBD oil. This mixture is beneficial to the general health and well-being of your pet and it’s ideal for pets with skin problems, continuous itching, compromised immune systems, breathing problems, or digestive problems.
- Joint + Mobility Care – for joint and mobility support, this formula contains 100% natural ingredients and includes delicious pumpkin spice and cinnamon flavor for a crunchy treat that goes down easy. This formula also includes turmeric root and Boswellia to increase joint strength and reduce discomfort associated with swelling and inflammation.
- Stress + Anxiety Relief – to inspire a calm and relaxed mood, this blend is gluten-free and dairy-free and contains natural ingredients with a tasty green apple and peanut butter flavor combination. In addition to pure CBD oil these treats include L-theanine and chamomile to increase alpha wave generation and reduce your pet’s overall anxiety.
- Calming Soft Chews – peanut butter flavored soft chews that help your pet relax. They contain CBD, L-tryptophan, and chamomile, among other ingredients, to help your dog feel calmer and reduce their hyperactivity. These soft snacks, which are made with healthy peanut butter and sweet potato, give your dog important proteins, lipids, and antioxidants to help keep his nervous system in check.
- Mobility Soft Chews – for mobility support, these soft treats contain all-natural ingredients, including organic superfoods, and they taste like smoky pumpkin, apple, and cinnamon. Along with broad spectrum CBD, these chews contain Boswellia and turmeric to help ease joint tension and improve overall mobility. Not only are these easy to chew, but they are also easy to digest. Perfect for pups with sensitive tummies!
HolistaPet’s dog treats are infused with only the highest quality, full spectrum CBD oil which is extracted from industrial hemp grown under the sunny Colorado skies. They prioritize use of natural, organic ingredients and carefully select a few key superfoods to fortify each formula.
Click here to visit Holistapet.com
4. Anxious Pet – Inspired by an Anxious Pet and Developed for Nervous Pets
- Third-party lab tested
- Easy to chew and digest
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Choose auto-refill and save 15%
- Ships free next business day
- Only one concentration option available
The creator of Anxious Pet developed dog treats and other CBD products for pets because of his dog, Boulder. Boulder struggled from anxiety issues. Knowing that numerous situations can cause anxiety in pets, such as moving to a new area, visits to the vet, and loud storms, the Anxious Pet was created to assist other pet parents in meeting their pets’ needs. Boulder’s calm and tame demeanor was occasionally tinged with anxiety, which was later addressed with the use of CBD. Anxious Pet aspires to help other pets in the same way. Choose from two dog treat varieties:
- Relax & Roll Soft Chews with CBD (900 milligrams)
These treats contain a non-allergenic peanut butter flavor to help your pet obtain relief quickly. If your dog shows signs of anxiety, such as excessive grooming or hyperactivity, these soft chews can help to provide your dog with calm periods. Each chew contains 15mg of CBD, which helps to generate a relaxed, peaceful attitude while also reducing stress.
- Hip & Hop Soft Chews with CBD (900 milligrams)
These soft chews contain CBD and are designed to support joint and hip health so morning and evening walks can be enjoyed pain-free at your side. It doesn’t matter if your dog is young or old, he can still benefit from these treats which contain supporting ingredients like glucosamine, chondroitin, along with CBD to nourish and lubricate joints.
Working with veterinarians across the US, the Anxious Pet has created formulas that perfectly combine hemp, antioxidants, and fatty acids for your pet. Order online and receive free shipping with all your orders, no matter how little or how much you put in your cart. And if you’re not completely satisfied, you have 60 days to return what you ordered and get a full refund.
Click here to visit TheAnxiousPet.com
5. Petly CBD – For an Easy-to-Use CBD Dog Food Topper
- Veterinarian formulated
- Soy free and corn free
- No artificial preservatives
- 100% organic farming practices
- International shipping not available
Petly CBD has a stringent method for the development of their CBD treats. Knowing that health starts from within, they keep this understanding at the forefront of their product creation process. They start with organic farming to benefit from the nutrient-rich soil in Colorado. Next, they move toward raw hemp processing and proprietary extraction. After distillation, they remove THC and refine their compounds. Finally, they lab test all their batches to ensure the best quality and potency. Choose from two dog treat products:
- Pet Hemp CBD Dog Treats (50 milligrams)
These treats are for dogs of all sizes and contain water-soluble broad-spectrum CBD, which makes them five to 10 times more bioavailable than oil-based treats. Made in the USA with organically grown hemp, these treats are THC free with a natural beef flavor that your dog will enjoy.
- CBD Food Topper (600 milligrams)
This food topper offers an easy and unique way for your pup to get his natural CBD medicine in. It tastes like bacon and each tub contains 30 scoops – each scoop contains 20 milligrams of CBD. This powder topper contains omega-3’s and eggs for a well-rounded nourishing addition to his regular mealtime.
Petly CBD considers all four-legged buddies as members of their family. Their goal is to assist your furry friends with living the happiest, healthiest lives they can. Their soft chew dog treats are meticulously developed by a veterinarian to ensure that every component is of the greatest quality and free of preservatives and pesticides. These delectable CBD treats not only provide your dog with a plethora of health advantages, but they also satisfy his cravings.
Click here to visit Petly.com
6. CBDistillery – Best for Dogs that Prefer Soft Chews
- 60-day money back guarantee
- No grain, corn, or soy derivatives
- Treats come in a resealable bag
- Natural farming practices
CBDistillery only distributes high-quality CBD pet products made from non-GMO industrial hemp that’s farmed using sustainable farming methods. CBD treats for dogs are available to provide relief and comfort to your lifetime companion! Choose from two varieties:
- Zesty Paws CBD Mobility Bites Soft Chews (225 milligrams)
These yummy soft chews were created with your dog’s naturally athletic physique in mind. He’ll enjoy the roast beef flavor of these treats, which contain broad spectrum CBD and other high-quality ingredients to enhance hip, joint, and muscular function.
- Zesty Paws CBD Cognition Bites Soft Chews (225 milligrams)
Also made with roast beef flavor, these treats are specially developed for cognitive assistance. These chews help your dog’s brain function and offer a relaxing benefit because they contain broad spectrum CBD and other high-quality components.
Choose to subscribe and save and save 20% on these broad spectrum CBD dog treats. You can help your pup with mobility and joint support or choose the treats that support cognitive function and help your pet destress.
Click here to visit TheCBDistillery.com
7. CBD American Shaman – Doggy Nugs Made with Real Chicken
- Made with real chicken
- Suitable for pups of all sizes
- Dog-approved flavor
- Made in the USA
- Only one CBD dog treat product available
CBD American Shaman has developed doggy nuggets that are made with real chicken and contain five milligrams of full spectrum hemp extract per cup. They come in a five-pound, releasable bag. Customers report their dogs love the flavor and they’ve noticed positive effects, including a relaxed mood and improved mobility.
This company is on a mission to improve the world with CBD oils that fit your pup’s needs. Their terpene-rich, concentrated hemp oil is made from high-quality industrial hemp. They prioritize fair business methods, philanthropy, and sustainability to deliver only the finest quality hemp oil in their different product formulations, including their doggy nugs.
Click here to visit CBDAmericanShaman.com
8. Charlotte’s Web – Great Variety, Including for Senior Dogs
- USA grown hemp
- For stress, joint support, and cognitive support
- Subscribe and save 10%
- Full spectrum CBD
- You pay shipping and handling on orders under $74
Charlotte’s Web CBD hemp extract products were created with your dog’s best interests at heart. You can help your dog enjoy a calm, relaxed mood with the yummy dog treats developed by this brand. They also offer additional blends to help your dog’s hips and joints stay in good shape and even support his skin’s well-being. Your furry buddy is lucky to have you checking out the following tasty treats:
To help your furry pet relax, using the magical ability of botanicals. Charlotte’s Web Calming Chews are formulated with a botanical mixture of CBD, valerian root, passionflower extract, and chamomile to help your best bud reach a calm state of mind.
- Hip and Joint Chews for Dogs
Maintain your dog’s health with these chews, which include naturally occurring CBD to aid in the maintenance of healthy joints and connective tissue. After all, they live for long walks and playtime with their favorite human.
These treats were created with one objective in mind: to improve your pet’s brain function and provide natural support for brain health, cognitive function, and other issues. With age, your pup needs cognitive support to keep him sharp and attentive.
Nourish your pup’s mind, body, and spirit with dog treats that not only deliver explosive flavor, but that gently care for his overall health as well.
Click here to visit CharlottesWeb.com
9. Extract Labs – A Brand That Gives Back
- 100% all natural
- Free shipping over $50
- Lab tested for purity
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Only one dog treat product available
These Fetch CBD dog treats by Extract Labs are simple with natural ingredients that have an irresistible flavor your dog will love. Each bag contains 300 milligrams of CBD and is suitable for dogs of all sizes. Certified vegan and cruelty free, these treats are also gluten free. All products sold by Extract Labs are backed by a batch tracking system that offers transparency, letting you view the certificate of analysis for the products you buy.
Along with providing a quality hemp dog treat product, they are also dedicated to funding research at CU Veterinary School, which is why they donate 10% of their company profits to study how CBD affects canine cancer cells. These treats are all natural, containing only human-grade ingredients. And if you’ve ever wondered whether a dog treat is edible for humans, these are – they even taste tested them at Extract Labs!
Click here to visit ExtractLabs.com
10. Just CBD – Simple Ingredients with Real Chicken and Beef
- Multiple flavors to choose from
- Made in the USA
- Made with real chicken and beef
- Due to popularity, some flavors may sell out
These CBD dog treats provide your best friend with the flavor he craves while also providing the quality he deserves. You can skip fumbling with a dropper and oiling up your dog’s treats to get his CBD oil doses in. Instead, you can just pop a treat into his mouth and get it all done in one fell swoop!
These treats are made with real chicken and beef and include high-grade cannabidiol to provide only the highest quality and yummiest tasting treat for your pup. You can choose from four flavors: steak bites, liver meatballs, chicken biscuits, and chicken meatballs. Each package contains 100 milligrams of CBD spread throughout 18 treats.
Click here to visit JustCBDStore.com
Because the number of CBD brands responding to the need for pet products continues to grow, you are probably wondering what to look for to ensure you’re getting high-quality CBD dog treats. After all, good products provide your pet with a host of wellness benefits and it’s better to choose the cream of the crop than get stuck with a brand or product that overpromises and underdelivers.
To help you choose only the finest for your pet, we’ve put together a short list of some of the main features to look for when searching for CBD dog treats.
Look for organic ingredients like coconut oil and full spectrum hemp, as well as supplements like Bosweilla, glucosamine, chondroitin, MCT oil, and even eggs, as well as botanical extracts with proven advantages. Chemical byproducts such as artificial flavorings, insecticides, and other components with unusual spelling should be avoided. These ingredients act as fillers, lowering the product’s overall quality and contaminating your dog’s system with dangerous chemicals and byproducts. Without all-natural ingredients, you just don’t know what you’re putting in your pet’s body and the results can be damaging instead of beneficial.
Along with all-natural ingredients, it’s important to consider the strength of the CBD dog treats. You might believe that the highest potency equals the greatest product. This isn’t always the case. Instead, consider why your pet needs the support of CBD. Are you seeking to relieve anxiety, help with joint and mobility pain, or support general health? When you’ve identified the kind of support that’s right for your pup, you can then choose a CBD oil product that fits his needs.
CBD is well worth the money when the product contains clean ingredients and has verified potency. Assuring purity and potency is vital and reputable brands don’t skip this step. Companies that value the quality of their products avoid needless processing to provide your dog with a pure, CBD dog treats that provides the natural medicinal advantages you’re looking for. And they give you access to batch reports so you can verify lab results for yourself.
Although CBD research is still in its early stages, there are studies and anecdotal data that suggest it may be beneficial in the treatment of anxiety and pain, as associated with joint issues and even with cancer. CBD pet products are touted as a natural approach to treat these illnesses in dogs, which has piqued the interest of pet owners.
It is never easy watching your beloved pup suffer with a health condition, whether it be a cognitive issue or a physiological issue. There are things you don’t have control over, like watching your pet age. And with age come changes, sometimes expressed through mobility issues, other times expressed through illness. The one thing you do have control over is how you support your pet during his different life stages.
CBD provides your pet with support from the inside out, helping to reduce restlessness associated with anxiety, helping to support joint health so he can continue enjoying walks around the park with you, and so he can live pain-free, with reduced swelling and inflammation. The best part about CBD is that it has virtually no side effects.
While medicines prescribed by vets may help your pet in one aspect, they may also create discomfort with a variety of side effects. CBD oils may help to counteract side effects and it may even be the best support for the ailment your pup is dealing with. Ultimately, dog owners choose CBD oil for dogs because they love their four-legged loyal pals.
CBD oil tinctures have been widely popular for dogs, as you can generally dose with a marked dropper by adding the oil to your pup’s food, to his treats, or even adding it to his water bowl. However, with CBD treats, you take one extra step out of the process and when your schedule is jam-packed, it’s so much easier to give your dog his treats than measure out a CBD oil dropper to dribble onto his existing treats.
Every dog has a distinct personality and especially if you have a picky eater, he may notice a flavor change in his food when CBD oil is mixed in and may challenge you with a hunger strike. Especially for dogs with a personality full of sass, pet parents choose the best CBD dog treats to make their lives easier.
Although CBD dog treats may take a little longer to digest and take effect, they last longer than CBD oil, which means more relief for your pet one treat at a time.
Whether your dog is suffering from symptoms or you’re searching for a supplement to support him with maintaining good health, the CBD treats listed above are excellent choices, each with their own unique spin. It can be challenging to choose a reliable product, and we hope that we have assisted you in making a more educated decision.